It’s been a week since I started eating Vegan and although I personally feel great about the decision, I am totally discouraged. I don’t know why I thought for a second that our household could all be on the same page with eating.
So far this week:
- my brother called me crazy for not buying milk
- my dad thinks the entire vegan diet is ridiculous and has no scientific proof
- my kids are complaining that we don’t have pizza, lunch meat, and candy
- my sister-in-law thinks our pantry is full of crazy food
- my husband accused me of tricking him about the food I fixed
- and my grandmother claims to be on board with eating vegan but still eats everything else and feeds my daughter junk food behind my back
As of today, my mom and sister were mostly eating vegan but not entirely. My husband said he’ll eat whatever I fix to eat at home, but he won’t be giving up meat 100% of the time. I doubt he’ll avoid regular dairy products either.
I’m not feeling a whole lot of support right now and I’m just feeling completely defeated.
Is it worth it?
Should I give up?
If we didn’t live with my parents this entire issue would be completely different. I could make a decision with my husband and we could make our plans accordingly. But this combined household situation really messes that up. Now I’m faced with paying for food I don’t want my family eating and trying to keep my kids from eating food I don’t want them having. These are both two major headaches I wish I didn’t have to deal with.